Wednesday, December 28

Year in Review: Wedding and Event Planning 2011

Every December, as the year draws to a close, I find myself thinking about the highlights of my year. Memories play through my mind like a movie trailer: faces, places, feelings and experiences combine to create a powerful emotional high. It's difficult to put into words, but all the trivial sands fall away to reveal the precious gems of a year gone by.

My first fortune cookie of 2011 proved to be right: "Many successes will accompany you this year". I placed that fortune message on my rear view mirror where it surprisingly survived the year.

I am proud of my professional accomplishments this year (see below!), however, I am more proud of the friendships that I've both made and maintained. Incredible people came into my life this year... some are clients and some are colleagues. While I strive to earn their respect and meet their expectations, I am truly humbled by their admiration and affection for me.  This has been one of the greatest rewards of 2011, and I count all these special people among my many blessings.

Highlights from 2011...
  • Nominated as Social Event Planner of the Year in the BizBash Florida Readers Choice Awards, April 2011
  • Designed our first White Party, a VIP red carpet event with a winter wonderland feel, December 2011.
  • Planning our first Surprise Wedding, coming soon on December 31st (shhhh!)

I would love to share more of my thoughts and greatest memories with you! Please find them on my website blog: weditorial

Happy New Year! Wishing you all the best in 2012!