Wednesday, November 19

Emerging from the Blog Fog

I don't even know where to begin.... I'm feeling pretty badly about the fact that my blog is withering in the corner like an unwatered plant! It's certainly not for the lack of things to write about.... It's actually just the opposite.

During the past six to eight weeks I've had the pleasure of working on some really spectacular projects! I spent a number of weeks working with the Director of Events at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management assisting with the development of the 2009 Grande Hospitality Gala. It was very exciting to be invited back as Assistant to the Event Producer, as I had a phenomenal time assisting with the 2008 Grande Gala!

Fall wedding season is keeping me quite busy! I was fortunate to squeeze in a post on an event that took place early in October. Subsequently, I've been posting little blurbs on Facebook regarding my recent adventures with weddings and events.(Be sure to check out the A Flair for Affairs fan page if you are active on Facebook!)

During October I was also busy planning a wonderful event for the Central Florida members of ABC. With the help of my ABC LNG Co-Director, Kerline Docteur, we organized a luncheon at Casa Feliz and had the privilege of having Rebecca Grinnels, President of Engaging Concepts as our guest speaker! She gave an outstanding presentation to our group and I continue to receive raves about her and endless compliments on the event. It was a great day! (I could've and should've written a full blog on this alone, but alas, the days just keep flying by!... I may try to recap it more completely after I catch up...).

ISES's monthly event was held at IKEA in October; the event centered on a Table Top Design Competition using preselected IKEA merchandise and featured well known ISES member Ira Steiman as our speaker. Teams of ISES members and guests created about a dozen amazing tablescapes which were judged by the IKEA managers. It was an incredible treat to be part of an event that has NEVER been done before!

Looking forward to December, there is a huge industry luncheon on the horizon...! I've been attending committee meetings for this event on behalf of ISES and ABC and I'm really excited about the holiday theme that's taking shape! This event will take place at the stunning Ginn Reunion Resort on Dec. 4th - can't wait!

Let's see... Let's see... what am I leaving out...? I think I forgot to mention the chihuahua puppy (!) who joined our family about 5 weeks ago. His name is Baci - which I believe means 'kisses' in Italian. He's the cutest little thing and seems to be adjusting to his new life; overall he's been quite good and we love him!

Whew! - I'm suddenly feeling much better!

© 2008 E. Delgardio All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Please expect a brief delay as your comments are reviewed and approved by the site administrator.