Tuesday, August 19

Today's Blog entry made possible by Tropical Storm Fay

It was a gray and rainy day in Orlando...

Seriously... tropical storm Fay is looming over Florida and we are in 'hunker down' mode (...for some reason that term always brings to mind an image of George Bush...) The world is quiet and we're sitting here waiting to see what's gonna happen next...

Seems like a perfect time for a blog entry....


I'm deep in the midst of a website overhaul. This is quite exciting for me because my revamped site will have lots of new features that my existing site can't support. It's also proving to be quite a lot of effort to rewrite content and collect images for the photo galleries, etc. I'm optimistic that the fresh look and new features of the site will resonate better with potential clients and make my personal and financial investment worth while.

Now that the site is close to being complete, I'm looking forward to it's debut and hope it'll be well received.... If my web designer and I have done our jobs correctly, I will benefit from better placement in the search engines and increased exposure. At the same time, I'm a little apprehensive about the whole matter since I'm keenly aware of how prevalent plagiarism and copyright infringement are these days. Soon enough, my focus will turn from creation to protection.

I say this with some experience. My original website was launched in 1998 and still exists in cyberspace; I abandoned it long ago when site #2 went live. Both of these sites have been copied in the past and I have had to notify the offenders that I was aware of their unscrupulous behavior. Now, as site #3 nears completion, I know I'll need to be vigilant about monitoring for rip-off sites.

Apparently many planners/coordinators have had similar experiences, which is really quite a sad reflection on those (plagiarizers) who boast about their creativity. And somehow these geniuses think they can get away with it.... ugh! the nerve!

The most helpful and comprehensive information I have found on this topic - a research shortcut, if you will - was complied by Lorelle VanFossen, who writes a phenomenally informative blog entitled: Lorelle on WordPress. Here is a link to Lorelle's blog, and her tips about Finding Stolen Content and Copyright Infringements. After reading through the entry, be sure to bookmark her site for future reference, because you'll surely want to go back for more.

© 2008 E. Delgardio All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Please expect a brief delay as your comments are reviewed and approved by the site administrator.